The ongoing Covid-19 crisis may have forced us all to take a step back from in person convention visits,. but that’s not stopping companies from taking their conventions virtual and providing a different, but still amazing experience.
Crunchyroll is no exception in that regard, they’ve already announced a slew of guests and events that would’ve ensured that the Virtual Crunchyroll Expo is the premiere event of the summer, earlier today Crunchyroll announced more guests and events. The guests include some of the key names from some of the new and upcoming Crunchyroll originals including Sofia Alexander from Onyx Equinox, Daisuke Hirakawa from Noblesse, and Manabu Akita from God of High School, but they also include music artists Myth & Roid.
On the activities part, there will be a celebrity fan exhibit titled Anime Runs Deep, where you’ll see anime inspired interpretations of some of the biggest celebrity anime fans, an Onyx Equinox inspired scavenger hunt, and even Quiet Rooms where you can unwind and see anime artwork. With all of this and more, it’s clear that Crunchyroll is dedicated to ensuring that this will be a full convention experience.
For a full rundown of the guests announced today, please see the pictures & press release below. For more information on the Virtual Crunchyroll please visit https://expo.crunchyroll.com
Virtual Crunchyroll Expo Announces 14 Guests, Alongside Huge Roundup of Panels, Experiences, and More!
- With only a little over two weeks left, Crunchyroll is announcing yet another wave of guests, panels, additional districts, and exciting fan activations at Virtual Crunchyroll Expo this year.
- Fans will experience Virtual Crunchyroll Expo through New Crunchy City. The online platform will provide distinct destinations similar to what fans are used to seeing at conventions: panel, premieres, and screenings in the Theater District; fan activations and activities in the Super Arcade; artist alley where fans can purchase directly from each artist’s store in the Anime Arts District; and an exhibitor hall in the Central Shopping District.
- The Crunchyroll Theater District will host premieres, panels, screenings, and some very special guests across four virtual stages including
- Guests from Crunchyroll Original series including Sofía Alexander (Executive Producer and Show Creator, “Onyx Equinox”), Yasutaka Yamamoto (Director, “Noblesse”), Tarusuke Shingaki (Voice Actor, “Noblesse”), and Daisuke Hirakawa (Voice Actor, “Noblesse”),
- An exclusive panel with the cast and crew of “The God of High School,” including Sunghoo Park (Director), Setta (Creative Designer), Tatsumaru Tachibana (Voice Actor, Jin Mori), and Manabu Akita (Character Designer). “The God of High School” musicians will also make a special appearance including KSUKE (from the anime’s opening sequence), and a special message from CIX (from the ending theme).
- Additional special guests include panel discussions with Shusuke Katagiri (Producer, “Dr. STONE”), Myth & Roid (Musical Act), Rian Tachibana (Crunchyroll-Hime, Voice Actor), and Matt Schley (Writer & Host of “The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter” panel).
- The finalists for Hime’s Cosplay Cup sponsored by Bokksu will compete for prizes on Saturday, September 5, and fans can look forward to what they bring to the competition.
- The complete schedule for Virtual Crunchyroll Expo can be found here.
- Fans can look forward to the New Crunchy City Super Arcade that will be home to content like the “Onyx Equinox” scavenger hunt, Yuzu Cat Café, exclusive art galleries, and more! The full list of activities coming to the Super Arcade include:
- “Onyx Equinox” Scavenger Hunt: Fans can play on the Virtual Crunchyroll Expo app starting September 3 to win a year of Crunchyroll Premium or tickets to CRX 2021.
- Gallery Tour featuring MAPPA: This will be an inside look at some Studio MAPPAs biggest hits, alongside behind-the-scenes commentary from Sunghoo Park (Director, “The God of High School”).
- Anime Runs Deep: A Celebrity Fan Exhibit: Crunchyroll will share some anime-inspired interpretations of celebrities who a big anime fans like Idris Elba (Actor, “Thor” & “The Wire”), John Boyega (Actor, “Star Wars” sequel trilogy films), and LJ Collier (Athlete, Seattle Seahawks)
- Yuzu’s Cat Cafe: A 24/7 live stream of kittens from The Kitten Academy where fans can donate or adopt a cat of their own.
- Anime Rave: Each night of the show fans can listen to music from DJs on Twitch and dance the night away.
- Virtual Schwag: There will be cosplay backgrounds, posters, as well as virtual item giveaways from some of our industry panels.
- Quiet Rooms: A place for fans to unwind with laid-back music and see anime artwork from “Tower of God”, “Somali and the Forest Spirit,” and “Laid-Back Camp.”
- Hatsune Miku Symphony Orchestra Concert: The Miku Symphony is celebrating its 5th anniversary with this special performance by vocaloid Miku Hatsune and the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Fans can experience Virtual Crunchyroll Expo all weekend starting at 10 AM PT on Friday, September 4 until Sunday, September 6 at 10:00 PM PT. The live content will be uploaded to the V-CRX On-Demand section periodically throughout the weekend to ensure fans don’t miss anything.
- Registration for V-CRX is open at crunchyrollexpo.com. The global anime community is encouraged to sign up for a free pass for this year’s event to catch all the action, announcements, guest panels, and more.
- Virtual Crunchyroll Expo is a digital take on Crunchyroll’s yearly flagship convention that brings together the anime community to celebrate the best and brightest in Japanese animation. The event will be streaming from September 4-6 only on crunchyrollexpo.com.